Friday, December 25, 2015

My First Post!


My First Post!

Yay! This is my first blog and my first post! My name is Chris...nice to meet you!  A little about me; I am a 23-year-old from Sacramento, CA and a practicing Catholic.  I was brought up Catholic, attended Catholic elementary school, public high school, and public college.

After elementary school I stopped going to church, didn't practice my faith, and didn't even have a clue of who God really was and why I was put on this earth (still trying to figure that one out)!  To make a long story short, after being wrapped up in the world and totally trying to hide from God's love I had an experience that would bring me back to my Catholic faith and, God willing, won't let me leave.  When I first experienced God's love it was the best "high" I have ever had.  It was better than anything artificial I had used/taken in my life to get that feeling.  I felt like nothing mattered in this world and the after effects of this "high" lasted 2 days.  At the point I wanted to learn everything I could about the Catholic faith and I was not disappointed with the rich history! It gave me strength to know of all the Saints and Angels that I could turn to and relate to while struggling to understand and accept the teachings of my faith.

So that is a little about me and my background.  I wanted to make this blog to relate to the young Catholics that may being having the same struggles I do on a daily basis and the strengths I have found through Christ to help me through them.  When I read blogs from others and listen to podcast from some awesome people, (catholicstuffpodcast.com/) check them out they are awesome, I never get to hear or read what other young Catholics in the church experience is like so I decided to make my own! I feel like this blog can still relate to anyone who wants to tap into what a young adult struggles with on a weekly basis and how I can rely on Christ and all my friends to help me.

I figure I will just start posting weekly (or a few times a week depending on how busy I am) with my struggle for the weeks. If any wants to email me with some topics they would like to read about my experience you can find my email below.

I hope this note finds you all well and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


In Christ through Mary,

Chris
christopheragarn@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment